We are offering one-to-one EV training sessions for instructors who are considering making the switch to electric. The sessions are formed of two parts:
Part 1 Friday 26 November 2021, 9.30-11.30am
A virtual introduction to electric vehicles run by an EV expert who will cover topics including:
- Background to EVs.
- Market growth and types of EVs currently available.
- Benefits of using an EV and the role of EVs in the climate emergency.
- Efficient driving / maximising EV ranges.
- Scottish infrastructure and financial support.
Part 2 Wednesday 1 December 2021
One-to-one on-road training session with an advanced driving instructor at Arnold Clark’s Innovation Centre in Glasgow. Sessions last 40 minutes and will cover:
- The key features of EV driving.
- The basics of charging an EV.
- Efficient driving tips that can be taught to learner drivers.
- Differences between internal combustion engine vehicles and electric vehicles.
- How to extend battery range through regenerative braking.
Spaces are limited and allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.