The continuation of funding includes £20 million for 2021/22 and local authorities are invited to submit applications to receive this funding.
Local authorities can receive a grant to part fund (75%) the capital costs relating to the procurement and installation of residential electric vehicle chargepoint infrastructure.
OZEV can fund up to a maximum of £13,000 per chargepoint installation, where connection costs are high. Evidence of high connection costs will be required where applicants apply for over £7,500 per chargepoint.
Applications with a delivery timeframe of up to the end of the 2022/23 financial year (31st March 2023) will be considered.
Applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis and OZEV will prioritise projects that will ensure a more consistent chargepoint coverage across the UK.
OZEV will now pay 75% of any successful bid upfront, while the remaining 25% can be claimed on completion of the project. All capital costs associated with the installations must be individually evidenced. If the total project costs come in under the 75% paid in advance, the local authority will be required to reimburse OZEV.
If you are interested in submitting an application for 2021/22, please contact email@example.com for more information.