Please note that this page contains information and links most relevant for people living in Scotland.
The Green Economy Fund, which is administered by Energy Saving Trust on behalf of SP Energy Networks, aims to invest in Scotland’s green economy.
The Green Economy Fund is now closed for applications.
This £20 million fund helps communities invest in and benefit from low carbon heating and transport technology, and support the Scottish Government’s ambitious energy strategy.
What is the Green Economy Fund looking to achieve?
- To contribute to the knowledge and infrastructure needed to address the changes in heating and transport expected over the next decade.
- To work with specific communities within SP Energy Networks’ operational area in Scotland supporting, in particular, rural and urban areas which suffer from fuel poverty.
- To provide access to funding for projects that may ordinarily struggle to obtain financial support.
- To stimulate economic activity and create jobs in Scotland.
- To support the Scottish Government’s ambitious energy strategy and the UK’s drive to a low-carbon economy.
Applicants must be Scottish organisations or UK organisations with a Scottish footprint (i.e. staff based in Scotland). The scheme is not open for individuals.
A wide range of organisations are eligible to apply including charities, community groups, housing associations, local authorities, schools, academic institutions and businesses.
If you have any further questions about the Green Economy Fund, please email us.