The Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) is an accreditation scheme for renewable installers and products. One of the conditions of MCS certification is that installers must also be members of a consumer code.
It has also been a requirement for some financial support that a MCS installer and product was used, for example, the now closed domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) and for some loan support in Scotland.
For advice on certified products and installers available in your area:
Anywhere in the UK:
- Find a local MCS certified installer using the MCS installer search.
- Find certified products at the MCS website.
- Look for an installer or supplier signed up to an industry code of practice.
- Speak to people in your area who have had systems installed and ask if they would recommend their installer.
- Call Home Energy Scotland on 0808 808 2282.
- Look for an MCS certified installer operating in your area using our Renewables Installer Finder.
See our blog on tips to avoid rogue traders and installers for more advice on hiring a reputable installer.