Both your renewable energy system and its installer will have to be accredited under the Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) for you to be eligible for the domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI).
For advice on certified products and installers available in your area:
In the UK:
- find a local MCS certified installer using the MCS installer search
- find certified products at the MCS website
- look for an installer or supplier signed up to an industry code of practice
- speak to people in your area who have had systems installed and ask if they would recommend their installer
- call Home Energy Scotland on 0808 808 2282
- look for an MCS certified installer operating in your area using our Renewables Installer Finder tool
See our blog on tips to avoid rogue traders and installers for more advice on hiring a reputable installer.