We developed a bespoke digital energy advice tool for Yorkshire Building Society. The tool creates action plans for consumers to make their homes more energy efficient, helping them to save money on their energy bills and reduce their carbon footprint.
Yorkshire Building Society wants to help its customers, and the customers of its intermediaries, find the most cost-effective ways to save energy.
With 250 branches and local agencies, and nearly three million customers, the Society reached out to us to support its three priorities:
- To deliver value to members and support their financial wellbeing.
- To help people have a place to call home.
- To progress its environment plan – ‘Building a Greener Society’.
We developed the bespoke energy saving tool for the Society. The tool is available on both the Society’s website, and the website of its Accord Mortgages intermediary brand, for brokers to access.
Using the tool, customers answer a short series of questions about their home. They then get a personalised action plan and bespoke insights that tell them the most economical ways to reduce their energy consumption.
- Estimated energy performance certificate (EPC) rating.
- CO2 emissions estimate.
- Energy costs.
- Ideas for energy saving home improvements.
Using our trusted facts, Yorkshire Building Society has also created a wealth of energy saving advice communications, including:
- Cost of living tips poster and flyer in all branches and agencies.
- Content on branch and agency ATM and digital screens.
- Feature in the Society’s Annual General Meeting communication, sent to 1.2 million members by post or online, with cost of living support materials and details of organisations, tools and guides that can help.
- Dedicated cost of living web page.
- Link to the cost of living page in the January eNewsletter, sent to nearly 500,000 customers.
ATM screen message:
AGM communications feature:
Since its launch in December 2022, 2,176 customers have used the energy saving tool to create a plan for their homes (correct as of May 2023).
By working with us, the Society can confidently share energy saving advice with its customers. Customers recognise and value that the insights offered are independently verified and trustworthy.
Siobhan McHale, product development manager at Yorkshire Building Society, said:
“We are committed to educating our customers around energy efficiency as we know reducing energy bills is a priority for many households with the current cost of living pressures. That is why we have been working in collaboration with Energy Saving Trust, to provide a tool that is available not only for our customers but to all homeowners, that will allow them to look at the most cost-effective ways to do this.”
Discover how we can help you to develop energy efficient content and advice for you customers with our communications and insight.