What funding is available for my organisation to install a charge point?
In order to support the uptake of electric vehicles across Scotland, Transport Scotland has made grant funding available to help organisations install electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure on their premises. Funding is currently available for charge points for sole use by occupiers, staff and visitors.
Please note that funding for charge points that are available 24/7 for use by the general public is currently closed. In order to register your interest for this scheme and be notified of any future funding please email [email protected] with the following information:
- Subject heading: Public Charge Point Funding Registration of Interest 2020
- Your organisation’s name and contact email address
- The postcode(s) of any unit(s) you are interested in hosting
Please note that we CANNOT offer any grants retrospectively so should more funding become available we will not be able to support any installations that have already taken place.
EV Infrastructure – Business Charge Point Funding
Organisations may be eligible for grant support if they meet any, or a combination, of the following criteria:
- Currently operate plug-in vehicles
- Employ staff who currently operate plug-in vehicles and would benefit from charging at work
- If no vehicles are currently owned, can confirm future EV ownership or high levels of charge point usage from other sources, e.g. visitors or residents. Please note that we will require further logistical details at a later stage in the application process.
Energy Saving Trust will make a decision on the appropriate level of infrastructure to fund by assessing your request against the information provided within your application form. We will only be able to fund a charge point if there is a clear case to do so.
If you are interested in the EV Infrastructure – Business Charge Point Funding above, please submit a completed copy of this application form to [email protected] Further details are available on the form.
Energy Saving Trust is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. This fund is subject to availability and terms and conditions apply.
Guidance on our processes
Please refer to the below flow chart for a detailed visualisation of our application process: