20 October 2021, 10.00 – 13.00 CET
Just weeks before COP26, join leading European businesses, investors, and policy makers at our event on the benefits of joining the Race to Zero.
UN-backed Race to Zero is calling on businesses across the global economy to take rigorous and immediate action to halve global emissions by 2030 and deliver a healthier, fairer zero carbon world in time. All members are committed to the same overarching goal: reducing emissions across all scopes swiftly and fairly in line with the Paris Agreement, with transparent action plans and robust near-term targets.
It mobilizes a coalition of leading net zero initiatives who bring together 799 cities, 35 regions, 4,475 businesses, and 250 investors from over 110 countries. Businesses in the Race to Zero now account for almost 15% of the global economy; cities & regions in the Race represent almost 1 billion people; and together, non-state actors account for over 10% of global GHG emissions.
Increasingly funders, supply chains and customers are demanding a commitment to net zero.
Over 60% of businesses taking part in Race to Zero are Europe-based. Now is your opportunity to join them.
The race is on.
Our free, online event will inspire you with presentations from some of the leading players across Europe, demystify the process of how to take part and show you how it makes business sense to join the race.
Speakers will include:
- Rt Hon Kwasi Kwarteng, MP, UK Secretary of State at the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Kadri Simson, European Commissioner for Energy
- Andrew Griffith, MP, Net Zero Business Champion
- Business Ambition for 1.5 – how it can support your business and why joining Race to Zero is good for business
- SME Climate Hub and how businesses of all sizes can join the race and contribute to net zero
To register for the event, click here.
This event is produced by Energy Saving Trust in partnership with UK COP26 Presidency, Italian Government, and UN-backed Race to Zero campaign and partner initiatives.