Following on from last year’s event, Wales Climate Week focused on five key topics:
- Wales and the world: a look at how Wales can work with other nations to tackle climate change.
- Energy and emissions: how organisations across sectors are taking steps towards decarbonisation.
- How Wales is responding to the climate emergency: what is already being done to help Wales move to net zero?
- Exploring the role of nature in climate resilience: how Wales’ landscapes and seas can be harnessed.
- How individual choices impact the world’s climate: how communities across Wales can play their part in climate change.
Mark Drakeford MS, First Minister of Wales, and Julie James MS, Minister for Climate Change, started the week’s conversations, which featured speakers from the public sector, industry, academia, unions and more. The virtual nature of the event allowed for questions from across Wales, making for interactive sessions designed to engage people in these important conversations.