Energy Saving Trust will join the SUSTx Sustainability Summit in January 2022, hosted by SUSTx, a new sustainability leadership community focused on providing UK businesses, charities and public sector organisations with the knowledge, tools, and connections to drive successful change and achieve sustainability and carbon footprint reduction goals.
The summit will take place from 24-28 January 2022 via a specialist virtual events platform, providing the opportunity to connect with 2,500+ like-minded sustainability and business leaders from a diverse range of UK organisations.
Energy Saving Trust joins SUSTx on Energy Day on 24 January to discuss how businesses can prepare to meet net zero, and what the private sector can do to reduce carbon emissions without impacting on productivity. Inga Jirgensone, group head of business development, joins the panel at 10.30am, which asks: ‘business as usual or should we move into new roads to achieve net zero?’
On Transportation Day (25 January), group head of transport, Tim Anderson, will discuss strategies towards efficient fleet management, in a panel that asks: ‘are sustainability and net zero a U-turn for our fleets?’ Tim will be joined by Justin Laney, general manager – central transport at John Lewis Partnership; Tammy Carter, deputy director – fleet at Crown Commercial Service; and Thomas McLennan, head of policy and public affairs at BVRLA.
The summit is free to attend. Speaking contributions from organisations include:
- Tim Anderson, group head of transport, Energy Saving Trust
- Inga Jirgensone, group head of business development, Energy Saving Trust
- Andrew Griffiths, head of value chain, Nestle
- Thomas Udesen, chief procurement officer, Bayer
- Sonya Bhonsle, global head of value chains, CDP
- Ben Harwood, campaign content manager, University of Oxford
- Nina Prichard, head of sustainable and ethical sourcing, McDonald’s
- Chris Stark, chief executive, Climate Change Committee
- Owain Griffiths, head of circular economy, Volvo
- Amy Elliott Peace, innovation lead – circular economy, Innovate UK
- Frank Swinton, climate lead, NHS West Yorkshire & Harrogate
- Tammy Carter, deputy director, Crown Commercial Service
The full agenda is available to view here.
Register to attend and join the SUSTx community, where you can continue the discussion, share learning and best practice on the future of business sustainability and support the road to net zero.
Energy Saving Trust partners with Halifax to deliver online sustainable home events
Energy Saving Trust has partnered with Halifax to deliver online events for householders to help make your home more environmentally friendly.Event
Mike Thornton kicks off Net Zero Festival with speaker session on homes and net zero
Mike Thornton and Laura McGadie will discuss the challenges and opportunities around a just transition to net zero at the Net Zero…Event
Laura McGadie joins Warm Homes Week to discuss a just transition to net zero
Laura McGadie, group head of energy at Energy Saving Trust, joins Warm Homes Week to discuss a fair and progressive transition to…