Please note that this page contains information and links most relevant for people living in Wales.
- Thursday 23 November 2023
- 9am - 1pm
This online conference will discuss next steps for the energy sector in Wales. It will bring together policymakers, regulators and stakeholders to discuss the Government’s aims of transitioning to renewable energy and reducing national reliance on fossil fuels, and key issues for implementation, including the role of the newly established Welsh state-owned energy developer, Trydan Gwyrdd Cymru.
This event will cover:
- Progress and priorities: the Government’s renewable energy targets and net zero ambitions
- Key supply challenges: managing grid capacity
- Best practice: what can Wales learn from other nations for the transition to renewable energy and state investment
- The future of energy generation: priorities for establishing a comprehensive long-term plan for meeting future energy demand and supply
Our policy expert will be joining a panel discussion at 9.35am on ‘Establishing a sustainable energy sector in Wales’. The panel will explore what is required to establish reliable renewable energy supply to meet demand. Speakers include representatives from Development Bank of Wales, Cardiff University and Wales and West Utilities.
You can find more information on how to book this conference here.