Please note that this page contains information and links most relevant for people living in Northern Ireland.
On behalf of the Utility Regulator in Northern Ireland, Energy Saving Trust is the Programme Administrator of the Northern Ireland Sustainable Energy Programme (NISEP). This is an £8 million fund, collected from both domestic and commercial electricity customers through a public service obligation (PSO). Households across Northern Ireland can benefit from the NISEP with funding being used for such energy efficiency schemes:
- Boiler upgrade
- LED light bulbs
- Hot water tank jacket
- Water widget
- Remote smart heating controls
- Radiator panels
- Draught proofing
The majority of the funding (80%) has been targeted at vulnerable customers. All schemes run on a financial year basis and there are currently 12 scheme managers delivering these schemes.
NISEP schemes for 2022-23 are now open. Please follow the instructions below on how you can apply.
How to apply
- Download the full list of NISEP List of Schemes
- Identify the scheme you are interested in and contact the Scheme Manager or follow the Application Details
If you want to discuss with an energy advisor, you can contact the Northern Ireland Energy Advice service online, or call freephone 0800 111 4455.
Energy Saving Trust is responsible for:
- general administration and review of NISEP
- registration of primary bidders
- reviewing and updating of the NISEP framework document
- processing payment claims for all schemes
- evaluation and monitoring of schemes
- maintaining records, auditing and reporting