Find out more about the financial support available in Scotland and how you can apply.
Please note that this page contains information and links most relevant for people living in Scotland.
Looking to buy an electric vehicle or ebike? Or need support to install a domestic charge point?
Support to reduce your travel fuel costs
- loans of up to £28,000 are available to Scottish drivers to cover the cost of purchasing a new electric vehicle (this includes up to £10,000 to cover the cost of purchasing a new electric motorcycle or scooter)
- loans of up to £6,000 are available to Scottish residents to cover the cost of up to two new ebikes, a new family cargo bike or an adapted cycle
- if you live within a 20km radius of a planned low emission zone, you may be eligible for support to help you move away from older, polluting vehicles
- if you are considering a home charge point, you can apply for £250 (or £350 if you live in some remote parts of Scotland) towards installation. This is on top of available OZEV funding
- the Used Electric Vehicle loan offers eligible drivers in Scotland an interest-free loan of up to £20,000 to cover the cost of purchasing a used electric car, or up to £5,000 for the purchase of a used electric motorcycle or moped
Loan statistics for Scotland
The Low Carbon Transport Loan helps organisations and drivers in Scotland to reduce the carbon impact and fuel costs of their transport and travel arrangements.
|Loan analysis||Low carbon transport loans|
|Cumulative results: 1 April 2021 to 30 June 2021||Value||Number of loans|