We have identified two key objectives and areas of strategic focus, which will guide us along our D&I journey:
- Objective 1: becoming an inclusive employer. Developing a diverse workforce and inclusive culture.
- Objective 2: becoming an inclusive changemaker. Developing equitable responses to address the climate emergency.
We have also developed a series of action plans that detail how the strategy will be implemented in the years to come.
Over the next two years, we will focus on transforming our culture internally and becoming a more inclusive employer. This will involve four key streams of work:
- Education and awareness raising.
- Culture and engagement.
- People policies and processes.
- Inclusive leadership and management.
We will achieve this through several activities, such as delivering introductory D&I training for all colleagues, establishing an internal D&I committee, reviewing people policies and processes to ensure they are inclusive and equitable, and developing guidance around inclusive leadership.
We want our approach to diversity and inclusion to be intersectional. We will initially focus largely, but not exclusively, on gender, race, disability and LGBTQIA+ equality.
If you have any questions about D&I at Energy Saving Trust, please get in touch with our D&I lead, Daisy Crowfoot.