Many local authorities have made a commitment to take urgent action to cut carbon emissions and help mitigate the effects and impacts of climate change for residents, communities, businesses and stakeholders.
You might have a defined aspiration and a clear idea of goals to work towards net zero carbon emissions, or maybe you’re just beginning on your journey in the development of a credible and deliverable carbon reduction programme.
How we can help
Our approach involves developing a bespoke climate emergency local energy plan that takes an integrated and long-term approach to understanding, prioritising and tackling all aspects of potential decarbonisation in the region. We can provide local energy planning support that takes an overarching view of your region’s energy use:
- across domestic dwellings and energy use (including how to improve the EPC ratings of your region’s homes)
- across commercial, industrial and business use
- within transport and air quality
- with renewables
- with energy generation, storage and district heating
- across council estates
- within transport and public buildings procurement
- including energy management
Home Analytics is a quick and efficient way for you to understand the housing stock in your area, providing a baseline to work from. By using our Portfolio Energy Assessment Tool, there is also an opportunity for scenario modelling as part of your climate emergency and carbon reduction planning.
As well as providing environmental benefits, embarking on a carbon reduction programme through our local energy plan can provide a wide range of additional benefits for your region.
- the creation of low carbon jobs and businesses through the employment opportunities associated with energy efficiency, renewables and new technologies
- financial savings for residents, businesses and the council
- new opportunities to maximise outputs from community-owned and locally produced energy
- building and retrofitting homes to make them energy efficient, affordable and comfortable
- improving the wellbeing of residents including those living with energy vulnerability and homes in fuel poverty
- provision of clean and sustainable travel through transport infrastructure and planning that reduces emissions and improves air quality
How to improve the EPC ratings of your region’s homes
Run, test and model different scenarios to find the most effective ways to get fuel bill savings and SAP score increases.
Home Analytics: targeting energy efficiency interventions
Energy Saving Trust’s Home Analytics offering allows businesses to get smarter in their efforts to engage with the most suitable households for…
Ask the experts: improving your home with the Green Homes Grant scheme
We partnered with BEIS to offer users of Mumsnet the opportunity to ask any burning questions about the Green Homes Grant scheme.