Our fully funded programme includes:
- support with the roll out of chargepoint infrastructure, including strategy writing and analysis, procurement process support, utilisation and efficiency assessments and DNO engagement support
- support with a local authority’s existing or proposed planning policies on charging infrastructure provision at new developments or related guidance for developers
- support with the development of a sustainable or active travel plan, including templates and signposting to best practice
- support with taxi and private hire policies, plans and strategies
- support with business and community engagement, including event support, content development and templates
We also provide workshop and training activities that bring together stakeholders from across departments in an authority to help them create a cohesive and inclusive plan to achieve their project aims. Training can cover all ultra-low emission vehicle technologies and mobility options, last for either half or a full day, and can be delivered face-to-face or virtually.
Download our factsheets to learn more about the support we offer for local authorities on sustainable travel.
Download our factsheet to learn more about the support we offer local authorities on electric vehicles and charging infrastructure.
Use our enquiry form below to get in touch with your dedicated regional account manager.
If you are a local authority working on transport, sign up to our authority alert to receive emails with Energy Saving Trust’s news, support and funding relating to our local authority transport work.
Watch the video below to find out more about the Local Government Support Programme.