Find out more about the range of support we have available.
Please note that this page contains information and links most relevant for people living in England.
The local government support programme (LGSP) helps local authorities decarbonise transport, improve air quality and increase electric vehicle adoption.
Our support is fully funded by the Department for Transport and is free of charge to all local authorities in England.
If you’re not sure where to begin with your climate and sustainability strategy, local transport plan or electric vehicle (EV) chargepoint strategy, we’re here to help. We can also connect you with other local authorities to share experience and ideas.
What support is available for local authorities?
Local authority transport decarbonisation toolkit
We’ve worked with the Department for Transport to produce the local authority toolkit. The toolkit provides guidance and key actions that local authorities can take when planning and delivering measures to reduce carbon emissions from transport. Find out more details about the toolkit.
We are continuing to work with the Department for Transport to add new content throughout the year. Sign up to our authority alert newsletter to be notified as soon as new toolkits are added.
Guides, webinars and useful information
Our best practice guides are useful reference resources for officers developing charging infrastructure networks, providing impartial advice and informative case studies.
- Browse guides, webinars, resources and case studies for developing electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
- Learn more about eCargo bikes and electrifying last mile deliveries and on decarbonising fleets.
- Review the information and best practice in the Transport decarbonisation: local authority toolkit
- Take a look at our advice on electric vehicle and charging infrastructure and support on sustainable travel.
- Read our roundtable report for decarbonising travel andtransport in the tourism industry.
Get in touch now for free support
Fill in the form below to contact our regional account managers to get started.
We will retain your contact details to respond to your email and may contact you in the future with information about other similar schemes, services and events you may be interested in.
- We’ll be in touch to discuss your needs, priorities and timescales.
- We’ll begin delivering your tailored support.
- We may invite you to share experience with other local authorities.