How our policies help shape our work
Energy Saving Trust helps people save energy every day through providing independent and impartial advice. We deliver a variety of government programmes and provide consultancy services to UK and international businesses.
Energy Saving Trust is committed to providing high quality services and advice that consistently meets customers’ requirements and exceeds their expectations. We continually improve our activity including our management systems and procedures, ensuring we are meeting all legal requirements and those of BS EN ISO 9001:2015.
We are committed to implementing these policies throughout the organisation by maximising emission savings from our activities, minimising our energy use associated with building management and travel, reducing overall waste and improving levels of recycling, working with suppliers to mutually improve environmental performance and favour procurement from those that do and using ethical suppliers and sustainable sources wherever we can.
We have developed a quality, environmental and energy management system that provides a framework for establishing and reviewing relevant objectives, which are accessible and understood by all staff.
Energy Saving Trust staff are committed to implementing this policy throughout the organisation in the following three areas:
- We will provide high quality services and advice.
- We will consistently meet customers’ requirements and exceed their expectations.
- We will continually improve all areas of activity including our management systems and procedures.
- We will meet all legal requirements and those of BS EN ISO 9001.
Environment and energy
Energy Saving Trust’s environmental and energy management activities include procurement, office management, travel and waste across the organisation (England, Scotland and Wales offices). The policies, processes and other guidance issued by Energy Saving Trust create our Energy and Environmental Management Systems.
- We ensure availability of information and resources to successfully achieve our annual objectives and targets.
- We are committed to the protection of the environment including prevention of pollution.
- We embed sustainability principles within all procurement related activities including our relationship with ethical suppliers and in the communities where we operate.
- We seek to encourage energy efficient activities throughout our supply chain and clients.
- We endeavour to minimise energy consumption in all of our activities including its significant negative environmental aspects.
- We seek to comply with all relevant environmental and energy legislation, and other subscribed requirements, including all aspects of BS ISO 50001 and BS ISO 14001.
All staff are committed to the continuous improvement of the business in the three areas above. Energy Saving Trust’s leadership team is committed to supporting the development of these systems and providing the resources to ensure we continually improve what we do.