Please note that this page contains information and links most relevant for people living in Scotland.
We organise networking events, webinars, workshops and information sessions. All free of charge. Find out more about our upcoming sessions, as well as past events.
Coming up in 2022
- Zero-carbon heat webinar: heat pumps – 15 February 2022. The focus of this webinar will to help installers to understand heat pumps as a technology and the products available from manufacturers. It will aim to present some of the technical considerations of installing heat pumps for businesses and home owners in Scotland.
MCS: Heat pumps, standards, and becoming MCS certified – 18 January 2022. This webinar focused on heat pumps and the Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) in Scotland. It presented the Scottish Government’s Heat in Buildings Strategy, and the key role heat pumps will play in decarbonising Scotland’s buildings, the new MCS heat pump standards, MCS and umbrella schemes, how to become MCS certified, and funding to help businesses become MCS certified for heat pumps. Register to watch the recording and view the slides from this event.
- Heat in Buildings Strategy: What it means for Scottish Businesses within the heating sector – We ran a series of three webinars on the Scottish Government’s Heat in Buildings Strategy, each focused on a different area of Scotland and provided an update on what the strategy means for businesses within the heating sector. Also covered were skills and funding for installers, and the role of the Energy Efficiency Business Support Service and Home Energy Scotland in creating demand for low carbon technologies. See below for the slides and recordings of all three webinars:
- Heat Pumps in Scotland: summary of the Scottish Government’s ambitions and updates from industry – 24 March 2021
Our latest webinar included discussion on the Scottish Government’s ambitions on heat pump deployment, barriers faced by industry and how to help shape the government’s approach.
- Webinar: Overview of proposals from Scottish Government’s skills consultation in support of the draft Heat in Building Strategy – 11 & 15 March 2021
We held a webinar, on behalf of the Scottish Government, covering the key proposals highlighted by the consultation on the Scottish skills requirements for energy efficiency, zero emissions and low carbon heating systems, microgeneration, and heat networks. We also held a webinar tailored for Scottish island supply chains as the Scottish Government were keen to understand what impact the skills requirements will have on the sector in these areas.
Watch the island supply chain recording
- Webinar: Home Energy Scotland Loan – 10 December 2020
- PAS2035/30 Industry Workshops – 17 March 2020